Purpose of the role
The role of the professional Operations Manager is to plan, direct and coordinate the operations of an organization. The suitable candidate will responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. Based in Bangkok, the ideal candidate will become a part of a great team of travel professionals in Thailand.
- Overall responsibility of the operations department in our Bangkok head office
- Guides training/coaching/indicating guide’s performances
- Motivated staff/Guides/Driver to accomplish their goals
- Working with various departments and suppliers and their respective managers with focus on operations, quality control measures and customer relations
- Creating training and quality management roles, in accordance to the company’s structure;
- Guide assignment for a variety of languages: supervision of assistant managers for other language assignments.
- Quality control of guides performances, standard of vehicles
- Able to guide team members in completing assigned tasks
- Control all guide settlements for both advance and optional tours sales
- Confirm booking in advance to transportation and concern suppliers
- Sent confirmed booking to the contracting shopping shops for commission records
- Investigate all complaints regarding guides, transportation company, and related suppliers
- Setting up various plans and reports based on business development and internal communication strategies
- Able to negotiate with suppliers when required
- Directly reports to the executive management on a regular basis
Qualifications, skills and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism, university degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in this position
- Good command of verbal and written English, other languages are a plus
- Working experience in the travel & tourism industry in Thailand is a priority
- Good command of Microsoft Office applications and excellent computing skills
- Having capability in developing standards, quality management, coordination and coaching techniques
- Good negotiation skills, able to assist departments where needed
- Good analytical skill and business sense with a pleasant personality and strong initiative.
- Understanding and flexibility in approach with local ethical values and mentality
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking, includes creative thinking
- A strong leadership skill and people management skill. Able to handle sudden changes and Emergency case.
- This position is available for Thai nationals only