Department: Travel Sales
Location: Farringdon, London
Contract: Permanent – Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, shift patterns between 8.30 am and 8.00 pm. Saturday working may be required between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm on a rota basis, dependent upon business requirements.
Salary: £20,000-£23,000 (DOE) pa + Uncapped commission . Negotiable for those with contact books or more experience.
Background OutOfOffice.com is dedicated to providing personalised travel experiences for all, regardless of who you love or who you’re friends with. We build tailor-made itineraries worldwide to hundreds of destinations with a heavy focus on catering to LGBT travel consumers.This job is an opportunity to join an exciting, young and innovative travel startup and by joining early in our journey you will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop within the business.
Job requirements We are looking for someone who has travelled extensively and has a real passion in using that experience to help our customers create their perfect itinerary. You will be working in a fast paced and challenging role liaising between clients, suppliers and venues to book all elements of a customer’s tailormade holiday.
Role to include, but not limited to: -
- Act in a professional and efficient manner to phone and email enquiries
- Engage the customer, via phone or email, in order to ascertain the client’s needs, budget and offer suggestions as to the perfect destination and itinerary
- Achieve levels of client service at all times to encourage repeat business
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of destinations, the product and the best venues and experiences
- Communicate effectively with customers from the start of their enquiry with OutOfOffice.com through to their return from their trip to ensure a smooth and successful journey
- To identify potential new business from old leads
- Use initiative to up-sell and cross-sell other products to the customer
- Participation in networking and industry related events as required, including on occasion, some evenings and weekends
- Ability to update and write content for the OutOfOffice.com website
- You will have at least six months telesales experience
- First hand experience of travel outside Europe
- Understanding the LGBT travel market, the nuances and needs of an LGBT traveller and a robust understanding of the challenges faced by clients as they travel to particular destinations, including those where homosexuality is illegal
- Results driven
- A team player, with extensive knowledge of different countries and cultures as well as the desire to share this knowledge with other members of the team
- Strong communication and research skills. It’s not always about what you know but knowing where to find it.
- Carry effective organisational skills and the ability to multi-task. Offering clients a personalised concierge style service is imperative.
- Proven ability to work under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary, with uncapped earnings
- The chance to help shape the direction of this new and exciting startup
- Extensive training and opportunities to develop in a fast-growing company