Position: Director of Sales Southeast Asia
Department: Sales & Marketing Department
Reports to: Regional Managing Director (RMD)
Main Location: Bangkok
Summary of Duties: Responsible for generating sales into the North American market and Brazil but also supporting the Rest of the World as required. Client lists include TOCs, Travel Agents and other third parties.
The Director of Sales Southeast Asia (SEA) will be the unifying force behind A&K Southeast Asia's sales and clients’ relationships. This is an important and strategic role within the company, and our expectations are equally high. The Director of Sales SEA will be responsible for the development of strategic alliances with travel companies. A key focus will be the ability to coordinate the sales efforts and generate top-line revenue. Equally important, providing a feedback to the other departments on the markets to help improving our level of service. We are aiming at being the most creative provider of services in the market. "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, start-up attitude is a must!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Budgets and Sales Targets
- Contribute to the annual setting of sales budget and departmental costs budget assisting the Managing Director and Financial Director
- Budget control and responsibility for relevant part of the sales and marketing budget with emphasis on tight controls of sales and marketing expenditure
- Meeting revenue target for DMC and meeting specific revenue targets by market and segment
- Contribute new ideas to exceed sales targets
- Undertake a minimum of six sales trips per year (tradeshows, roadshows and sales calls – about 2 weeks each) primarily to the USA and Brazil, but also to other parts of the world (Mexico, Western Europe and Australia as required).
- Undertake regular follow ups with agents ensuring that quotes submitted are in line with their expectations and assessing if any further assistance is required in securing the booking
- Conduct sales trips with professionalism and clear objectives – including the generation of new business, new leads, precise market analysis, revelation of trends and relationship building
- Maintain constant contact with the operations teams in South East Asia to ensure quotes are being delivered checking to see if any more input is required
- Report and assist in resolving customer service issues which are highlighted by the TOCs or agents (including response times etc.)
- Undertake at least one visit to Downers Grove office to train sales staff and meet with relevant LLC sales staff.
- Work very closely with Marketing Department to ensure the most efficient approach to clients and to advise on appropriate collateral
- Using product knowledge, help developing new itineraries for A&K in South East Asia that can be marketed and sold successfully and profitably
- Review / evaluate end-of-month reports.
- Take a leadership role in training and development of sales team
- Facilitate the sales encounter process and knowledge of the A&K field Sales organization by regularly updating the Salesforce tool
- Ensure a client database is maintained and regularly updated and optimum utilization of the latest profiling tools, and effective cleaning and segmentation of the database
- Regularly brief Tour consultants and feedback on the markets
- Conduct regular webinars to TOCs and Third Party Agents.
- Submission of sales update and re-analysis for quarterly board meeting
- Monthly Sales activity and analysis report to MD by 10th of each month
- Location and activity report 2 months in advance to be submitted to MD
- Produce report within one week of return from sales trip to MD
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least 8 years’ experience in Sales management in Asia in the travel field
- Existing client portfolio, particularly in the US market
- Strong product knowledge and a good understanding of the luxury travel marketplace
- Excellent relationships "builder"
- Excellent verbal, written English communication and presentation skills. Spanish, French or German would be a plus
- Able to create and give professional presentations to small and big groups
- Ability and desire to perform outside direct sales calls
- Understanding of revenue generation and profit/loss implications
- Ability to work as a team player within all levels of the organization
- Excellent knowledge of SEA products / destinations including Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos
- Ability to use, and teach various sales and marketing research tools
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, start-up attitude
- Remarkable references