General & Leisure:
- To accept shared responsibility with the Manging Director for managing the sales and promotion of the destination/company.
- To attend local networking events where required to represent the company.
- To ensure client relationships and retention are maximized
- To serve customers by planning and implementing strategies and procedures to ensure delivery of optimum customer service; improving systems and processes.
- To conduct quarterly needs assessments on our client database with our Leisure Division Manager to ensure we are delivering in terms of service, turnaround times and product.
- Accomplishes business goals by accepting ownership, and ensuring the successful completion of, any and all requests, whilst at all times, exploring opportunities to add value to the position and the team.
Service and Product:
- To ensure knowledge of product, client relationships and services is maintained at the highest level and communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Continuously review and research, to keep up with the new trends in the hospitality industry.
- Represent the company to continue the strong brand awareness and maintain DA’s presence as a leading DMC in Vietnam with hotels and suppliers.
- To be the ‘go to’ person for in country customer trouble shooting and enhanced service delivery execution
- Assist with the emergency phone service provided to our clients.
- Provide on ground support when clients are in country as required
- Entertain clients as and when required
- Support MICE team with client requirements if/when a expatriate presence is required
- Maintain good relationship with key suppliers and overseas clients to ensure long-term partnerships.
- To maintain effective long-term working relationships with clients, identifying their needs and ensuring we capture their repeat business.
- To represent the company at international trade shows and sales calls, to present product and general updates to the agent directly and have the ability to upsell and expand relationships.
- To develop strong and positive working relationships with all internal and external key stakeholders at Destination Asia.
Strong Customer and Sales Focus, Excellent Customer Service, Verbal and written Communication skills, Process Improvement, Problem Solving, People Skills, Teamwork, People Management, Managing Processes, Emphasizing Excellence, Driving Sales Targets, Monitoring Performance to Target, Maintaining team morale, Troubleshooting, Ability to work under accept cultural differences, Respect for local cultures and sensitivities, Able to integrate into Vietnamese society and work under and together with Vietnamese division managers.
Vietnam experience and knowledge (min 3 years) is a MUST for this position. Candidates without any Vietnam experience in the travel and tourism industry will not be considered.