The role of the Business Development Manager is an integral role in the development of new collaborative efforts and maintaining internal procedures with our office in Indonesia. The suitable candidate will actively participate in the development of new and existing markets and products for its core business. Based on Bali, the ideal candidate will become a part of a great team of travel professionals in Indonesia
- Responsible for new business development strategies and planning in both the leisure and MICE segment
- Liaising with customers to understand the requirements and anticipate on this
- Develop business relationships with key accounts in finding solutions to increase business opportunities on all levels of the business (leisure and MICE) from A to Z
- Working with different departments and their respective managers with focus on sales, product development, operations, quality control measures and customer relations
- Ensuring that all relevant data is uploaded in Asian Trails’ administration system and an understanding of the overall IT technology concept with possible administrator support in collaboration with IT colleagues.
- Creating training and quality management roles, in accordance to the company’s structure;
- Design and host/coordinate on inspection trips for agent familiarization trips leading to new business;
- Act as intermediary between the departments where necessary and assist with ad-hoc requests.
- Screens potential products and partnership (hotels, activities, regions, communities) in the destination, negotiate agreements with local partners and integrate promising products in the product portfolio
- Analyze trends and needs of existing and NEW markets, develop new tours and product ideas in coordination with Product Manager and will conduct regular training with Inbound and MICE teams
- The ambassador of Asian Trails Indonesia for any related sales and marketing activities in close collaboration with Asian Trails head office.
- Setting up various plans and reports based on business development and internal communication strategies, ranging from SOP’s to business contingency plans in case of emergencies
- Directly reports to the Managing Director
Qualifications, skills and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism, university degree preferred
- At least 5 years in the tourism (DMC and/or Tour Operator) industry
- Fluent command of verbal and written English and at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French, Dutch. Italian. Other languages are definitely a plus
- Working experience in and / or with the travel & tourism industry in Indonesia is an asset
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications and excellent computing skills
- Open for some travel within Indonesia and abroad
- Having capability in developing standards, quality management, coordination and coaching techniques
- Networking knowledge and capabilities are assets we seek in a candidate
- Understanding and flexibility in approach with local ethical values and mentality
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work flexible hours during peak season. A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking, includes creative thinking
- A strong sense of responsibility and the ability to prioritize and organize are preferred skill sets to fill this role. Working under pressure is to be expected
- The position is open for Indonesian and foreign nationals while preference is given to Indonesian nationals.