Our client is a well known, successful and award winning specialist tour operator, who promote responsible tourism with offices across the globe. Due to remarkable growth, are now seeking an experienced Africa Travel Specialist to join its friendly and busy team. This exciting Africa job opportunity isn’t a hard sales role, the Africa Travel Planner will also get involved with Product, PR & Marketing. This rare opportunity is ideal for a current Africa Tailormade Consultant from a travel agency or tour operator seeking something a little different in which a generous salary, bonus and benefits are on offer.
This exciting Luxury Africa Travel Consultant role entails a wide range of tasks in which no day will be the same, this includes:
- Creating bespoke trips to Africa for the discerning traveller to many inspiring areas including Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe, South Africa and many more exotic regions.
- Getting involved in all aspects of the business including product, PR, marketing, sales & administration.
- Develop the Africa tour programme and creatively working on the brochure and website.
- Organising a wide range of holiday types including Custom Tailored Safaris, Flying safaris, Camping Safaris, Escorted Bush Walks, Golf Safari’s, Beach Holidays, Wildlife, Cultural, & Historical Excursions, Self-Drive Safari’s, Honeymoons, City Breaks plus much more.
- Using your Africa product knowledge to provide advice and recommendations.
- Offering a cutting edge customer service.
- Booking flights, accommodation, trips, and travel extras.
- Participating in exciting FAM trips to increase product knowledge.
What are we looking for?
- Experience within a travel agency or tour operator is essential.
- Detailed, up-to-date knowledge of Africa, attractions, and especially national parks and safari camps/hotels.
- Excellent written skills – must be able to be adept at expressing your ideas in writing as there is great scope for a keen writer to develop that skills and contribute to articles and guidebooks.
- An aptitude for IT, SEO and web-related issues is ideal but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to provide an excellent standard of customer service.
- Passionate about Africa.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Generous bonus and salary
- Flexible approach
- Very low staff turnover
- Not a ‘hard sell’ or ‘switch sell’ type of role
- Offices across the globe - opportunity to work in the USA, Africa or New Zealand
- Social events
- Travel perks
- On-going training
- Health insurance
- Travel insurance
- FAM trips
- Career progression
- Sociable hours
- Experienced team members, who have worked for the client for a minimum of two years, are eligible to apply for sales posts working entirely from home.
- This tour operator welcomes travel consultants looking for career progression and be a part of a forward thinking and dynamic tour operator where you will be rewarded for your hard work.
When applying for this role please include a travel profile outlining all the places you have travelled to within Africa.
Previous job titles that will be considered for this role include Safari Travel Specialist, Travel Advisor, Travel Consultant, Telesales Executive, Travel Agent, Tailormade Consultant, Reservations Consultant, Reservations Agent, Reservations Executive, Holiday Advisor, Travel Telesales, Africa Travel Specialist & Retail Travel Agent.
Please note only suitable candidates from the travel industry will be considered for this role.